How to resolve csf xtables lock issue?
If you are receiving below error while restarting/starting CSF
“Unable to check csf due to xtables lock, enable WAITLOCK in csf.conf”
You will need to enable “WAITLOCK” and LF_IPSET in the firewall configuration to resolve the issue.
You can follow below steps to enable “WAITLOCK” and LF_IPSET in the firewall configuration
- To enable WAITLOCK
- From WHM click on “ConfigServer Security & Firewall” under Plugin >> click on the button “Firewall configuration” >> Search for “WAITLOCK” and change the value from 0 to 1
- To enable LF_IPSET
- Search for “LF_IPSET“ from Firewall configuration and change its status from ‘Off’ to ‘On’
- Restart firewall.
From commandline, you can follow below steps to do the same.
- Login to your server via SSH.
- Open the csf configuration file
- Search for “LF_IPSET” and change the value from “0” to “1” and Search for “WAITLOCK” and change the value from 0 to 1
- Restart csf service
That’s it 🙂
Please cross check it from your end now and let me know the result.